On November 2, 2017, we’ll be rolling out the group insights feature in Yammer. Group insights will provide group admins and members with a comprehensive view of group activity and engagement.
This message is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID 20504.
How does this affect me?
Some of the feature highlights are:
1. Users will be able to see insights for each of their groups.
– For public groups, any member of the Yammer network can access the insights.
– For private groups, only members can access the insights.
2. Visualization of activities by group members and non-members across 7-day, 28-day, and 12-month periods.
3. Composition of how many group members and non-members posted, read or liked messages in the group.
4. Trends for number of posted, read and liked messages.
5. Data available for download as a csv file.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for this change. Please click Additional Information to learn more.
Dave LeeNovember 12, 2017 at 2:35 am
Great new feature. One question though. How are “reads” tallied? The “additional information” link you provide says that “Messages Read is the number of group conversations that were read.” But it seems it’s counting posts and replies, not conversations. For example, if a conversation includes 1 post and 5 replies; is that counted as 1 message or 6? If a member reads the post and the first two replies but not the remaining 3 is the number of messages read 1? 3? or 6?
vipul vijayFebruary 8, 2019 at 7:04 am
can we also find the name of the users or members who posted, read, or liked a message in yammer group insights?