For one of our customers I am trying to achieve the following: A project document library contains a content type called project document. The content type contains unique metadata such as customer & project name. It also contains a document template with quick parts referring to these two fields. I am able to use the document information panel to automatically fill these fields when creating a new document based at this content type. This is not the issue! The following is: I have set default values on the project document library for the customer & project name because all the documents are related to this customer and project. Unfortunately after creating a new document based at the content type the customer and project name aren’t automatically filled. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Thanks for the help 🙂
I did some testing with my colleague Jordy. The content type and template worked fine in a new document library but not the existing. We created a new content type with template but this one also doesn’t work in the existing template. This worked fine in the new document library.
Dan HolmeJuly 30, 2015 at 6:19 pm
it’s been a while since I’ve looked at this issue, so this may not be the best fix, but I think it will work… Use the .dotm form of template so it supports macros. Then set a macro to fire on each new document to SAVE… in other words as soon as someone starts the document theyre prompted to save it. I would guess that moment the metadata will synchronize correctly. I don’t have a way to test this assumption right now but give it a shot.